Island Walk at the West Villages in Venice FL
Post updated September 2019
Let us find out if Island Walk, at the West Villages in Venice is appealing to you. Have a look at the Island Walk’s community features first:
- The 24 h manned gate entrance protects your property
- A 14.000 Sq. Ft. Resort Center offers Health, Fitness and Social Activities
- You will find a beautiful tropical resort pool – and the pool is huge! Many resorts would be jealous. You got to see it! There is plenty of space around the heated lagoon style pool with lounge chairs, umbrellas and tables. Sun seekers can bake in the sun, while others, who learned their lesson about Florida’s sun already, can enjoy the shade.
- There is a lap pool. If you want to train for the next Olympic Games – here you can do it. After you are done with the first part of your “Ironman” exercise you might as well spend some time in the State-of-the-Art Fitness Center.
- The large fitness center gives you space, where you do not feel cramped in when two other fellows are with you in the torture chamber. What do you think so far?
Okay, you want more? Your muscles are already aching? Let’s slow down a little:
- Yes, there is a “Movement Studio” for Yoga, aerobics, Zumba (dance fitness program) and other fitness classes.
- Oh, I almost forgot to mention the eight lighted Tennis Courts
- Two Bocce Ball Courts and the half Basketball Court.
- So, what else? Activity Room for Classes and Events, Gathering Room with Fireplace, Library, Catering Kitchen, Craft Room, Lakeside Gazebo, Event Lawn, Tot Lot Playground and
- And A Ballroom for all those who love to dance.
- Island Walk has also miles and miles of trails and walkways. You can walk, run, ride your bike or use your golf cart to get around the community over bridges walkways.
- Is that it? NO, there is more: an on-site Activities Director is coordinating all the events …..and likes to hear from you if you are happy.
Now let’s talk business. What about Real Estate in the Island Walk at the West Villages? Location: The community is located on US-41 in North Port outside the city limit of Venice, but with a Venice address. It takes about 15 minutes to get to the Area Beaches, 5 minutes to go shopping, 10 minutes to I-75. Island Walk enjoys an excellent location. You are definitely not out in the boonies!
Water everywhere: The 830-acre Island Walk Community is all about water. Lakes, ponds, canals and abundant nature preserves as far as the eye can reach. There are unique Venetian style brick bridges everywhere – you are not trapped on your little island.
Island Walk is comprised of single-family homes, patio homes, and attached villas – all surrounded by lakes and natural preserves.
There are many floor plans available. Prices start in the mid $200′.
“So far, so good” – you may think, dear reader. “All those amenities will cost a fortune, right?” Nope. That’s not the case. Garden Series: $288/mo, Classic Series $293/mo and Estate Series $304/mo plus an additional West Villages Improvement District Fee of about $645 annually. What do you get for your money? Lawn Maintenance and Irrigation + Basic Cable Television + 24-hr guard-gated entry + Maintenance of Common Areas and lakes + Heated Lagoon Pool + Heated Lap Pool + Fitness Center + 8 Lighted Hard-Tru Tennis Courts + Basketball + Bocce Ball + Service kitchen, Covered Verandas + Lakeside Gazebo + Library + Multi-Purpose Rooms/Card Rooms + Main Hall + Ball Room (coming soon) + Tot Lot + miles of walking/biking trails. Plus there is a second clubhouse coming soon.
Interested? Contact us to schedule your private showing of a perfect lifestyle community in Venice ….we’d love to show you Island Walk at the West Villages. Even if you buy a new home, we are ready to help you navigate your purchase.
The Isles of Palmer Ranch is the sister community in Sarasota. If you prefer to live in Sarasota check out all listings here.